Well crud!!!! Lightning just took out pump I got last year!!

Re: Well crud!!!! Lightning just took out pump I got last ye

You can use an inground pump on and above ground pool, but most times you can't use an above ground pump on an inground pool. Inground pumps are designed to prime when above the water line while most above ground pumps aren't.

In the Whisperflo's you could go with either the WFDS 3 or the WFDS 24. They're listed differently but they're the same pump. And they're bigger than the 1 hp Dynamo.

Ok! My final question! I hope because I need to order this today. Must order it today! Need to get it on before it gets warm! lol

I'm debating between the Hayward Matrix and the Pentair Dynamo - guess I'll go with the 1HP and of course 2 speed - I admit I'm nervous going down to a 1HP, but I'm going to do it! lol

((I know that you said I could use a whisperflo, but purely from the cost standpoint, I'm just not going to be able to consider it))

I like that the Matrix's filter basket is one piece with the pump - our current one twists around sometimes and that is annoying to me, so this would eliminate that. But it seems that more people are using the Dynamo, so perhaps I should go to that?

Thanks for your opinions (and reasons for your opinions, please!! lol)

[s:1w7cwdwk]Dynamo, simply because that's what I have and have had no problems with it. Can't comment on the Matrix but I don't think there's enough difference in them to even be a concern.[/s:1w7cwdwk]

Ok, I changed my mind. The Matrix has about 10 more gpm output at the same head, so I'd recommend it for your pool since you're worried about flow anyway.

Thank you for your help, you two!! I ended up getting the Matrix 1HP 2speed for $240 shipped from poolcenter.com

Hope it gets here quick!! :)

I really do appreciate all your help and advise on this - and MANY other topics!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.