Welcome from Orange, TX

I dis-assembled the cartridge filter yesterday and cleaned them. OH MY it was nasty. I think that will help too! I'll add some more bleach and keep running the pumps, I imagine it will clear up.

Thanks for your help. When I start to address my father in laws pool, should I start a different thread? I'm going to continue to ignore it for a week or so, I don't want to mess with it honestly :)

I would give your FIL's pool it's own thread. Each pool is SO different. I think you have this pool dialed in so when you start on the other pool make sure to fill out your siggy with his pool info. so we are all on the same page.

Lee how about giving your FIL his own test kit for Father's day?????????? :slidehalo: Tell him it comes with lessons on how to use it!

Kim:cat:

I can see it now........the test kit with a case of bleach all tied up with a bow! Oh and a bookmark for TFP with him already signed up and registered with a PM to me telling me what his user name is and he will be all set up!

I'll try to get him to join. If you're not familiar with where Kirbyville, TX (and trust me, you're not), you'd laugh. I'm not joking when I say they got internet in the last 5 years...

Side question, before doing a pH test, would Sodium Thiosulfate help with the high FC levels or would it skew results?

I have not heard of the S.T. But know that hydrogen peroxicde works to lower FC if you need to. It can be bought CHEAP at the Dollar Store.

I thought where I teach was "late" in progress but.............that is REAL late!

The 24-48 is more for being sure every last bit of borax is dissolved and you can get an accurate reading before making the last, final, additions and do it accurately. 30 minutes should be fine. Since there's a possibility of jacking with the PH if the additions were off or the borax slow to dissolve you can always check PH quick to be sure it's not off far enough to irritate skin or eyes, just don't use that to settle on the final amounts to add.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Everyone is happy. I've officially started on the other pool. They ordered the test kit, and I think I'm going to convince my Mother in Law to join the forums. She's by far the most likely of them to do so. kit should be in any day, then off we go.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.