Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hi,

Brand: Hayward
Vac Model: TSQC 2012?

I have an older 2nd hand TigerShark here that has an odd piece of foam on top of the motor unit wedged between the motor unit and the vacuum body and on one side. The engineer in me cannot figure out why it's there and it doesn't show up in the online parts directories. It doesn't appear to be wedged in there, its loose and has some alignment with the motor unit as if there is a protrusion I cannot see that locks it in place. But I cannot push it out without excessive force. I suspect that the motor unit was replaced and whoever installed it forgot to remove the packaging. The unit also collects more dirt on one filter side vs the other. Any ideas?

tigershark1foam.jpg

tigershark2foam.jpg

Thank you,
Patrick

Hi,

Brand: Hayward
Vac Model: TSQC 2012?

I have an older 2nd hand TigerShark here that has an odd piece of foam on top of the motor unit wedged between the motor unit and the vacuum body and on one side. The engineer in me cannot figure out why it's there and it doesn't show up in the online parts directories. It doesn't appear to be wedged in there, its loose and has some alignment with the motor unit as if there is a protrusion I cannot see that locks it in place. But I cannot push it out without excessive force. I suspect that the motor unit was replaced and whoever installed it forgot to remove the packaging. The unit also collects more dirt on one filter side vs the other. Any ideas?

View attachment 562036

View attachment 562037

Thank you,
Patrick
My Dolphin has styrofoam blocks as well. I assume to help it with buoyancy when climbing walls?