LifeTime Supporter
Jul 21, 2011
Eastern Ohio
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Over the next few weeks, you can expect to see forum downtime as TFP completes some of the final technical tasks in preparation for the busy Swim Season.

Later this week, expect the website to be down for approximately 30 minutes as we install updates to Xenforo to address some of those pesky bugs within the software. We do not foresee any noticeable features emerging from this update; rather, it's more about general housekeeping and applying fixes.

Then, on Tuesday the 26th, please anticipate TFP going offline for several hours as we migrate the website to a new server. It has been a few years since our last significant server update, and we're taking this step as we continue to grow. We expect the process to take a few hours as we back everything up and move everything from point A to point B, so please plan for the website to be down for an extended period.

We thank you for your patience and look forward to an exciting season.

Thank you, @Leebo, for all your work to keep the forum running and improving.

I predict an invasion of alien, super chlorine-resistant mustard algae hitting the planet at the exact moment you click the "update" button. Chaos, panic and disorder will be the logical consequence when victims won't be able to reach TFP.

Dooms day visions aside - thanks for the heads up!

Reactions: Newdude
Wanted to move this thread to the “Forum Issues” category as the migration has now occurred and we’re running on new servers. Before I dive into details I’d like to apologize to all whom have wrote today concerning issues about how “short” I may have been in my replies. Hopefully now that we’ve got the big things done I’ll be able to somewhat explain more details various items or issues.

I’m now gonna update this post with some known issues and the status of each. I’m crossing my toes to get each addressed over the next few days but do plan on keeping a detailed log so we can address all issues in some way.

• Xenforo advanced search not returning quality results
    • Once we migrated to the new server it forced us to rebuild the “advanced search” in Xenforo. This task takes several hours and until it’s complete the results that’s shown in Xenforo will stink more than normal.
  • The site is still running a bit sluggish.
    • Until all the jobs behind the scene are complete the performance isn’t gonna be what we’re hoping to see in the future. Expect a bit of a delay from time to time until everything is worked out and optimized
  • PoolMath logs are not being shared correctly
    • Since the migration we’ve altered some file that displays/shares PoolMath logs. I’ve been in talks with a few individuals whom set this feature up and all of us are racking our minds on how we set it up. Give us a few minutes as we figure out how the heck we did this in the first place. We’re fairly certain we remember how it’s setup and we’ll need to edit the Config file which we will do shortly. I’m going to be traveling shortly so it will need to wait until I return so I can connect with others to edit the files.
  • Push Notifications maybe delayed
    • So this isn’t really related to the server migration but it’s more odd timing. Since last week when we upgraded the software we’ve been seeing this issue as has many other Xenforo sites. I’m not exactly sure their plan to fix the hiccup but I’ll keep my eyes on the thread.
      • This is for sure a Xenforo issue not related to server migration. At this point it will not be fixed by TFP. Fortunately Xenforo is set to update their software and it will send the push notifications and emails to be sent using a different method which will address this issue. I’m not sure when this update will be installed by TFP as it brings many changes and I’m not sure I want these installed during our busy season.
  • Styles on the “Support TFP” page are a bit buggy causing some icons not to display.
    • I’ll hopefully get this page cleaned up soon
  • We are seeing errors that’s resulting in the forum being inaccessible
    • I've been in communication with the host this morning as several times overnight I’ve seen an error which has rendered the forum worthless. I’ll update as we proceed.
      • Run hourly cleanup manually in AdminCP. It maybe dumb luck, but until we pinpoint issue it seems to have patched server errors.
  • Cron Jobs not being triggered
    • Job path was misdefined and update. This did result in lost data in stats such as new users or number of posts per day.
  • Issue creating a thumbnail in MediaWiki
    • Error creating thumbnail: /bin/bash: line 1: /usr/bin/convert: No such file or directory Error code: 127

Last edited:
Before I dive into details I’d like to apologize to all whom have wrote today concerning issues about how “short” I may have been in my replies.
Stahp. I can only imagine how frazzled you were, for the last couple of weeks even, with all the planning.

Unless you tore into someone. Then make that right. :ROFLMAO:

Unless you tore into someone.
He wasn't cross with me. Can he be? I need a good talking to.

the migration has now occurred and we’re running on new servers.
I'm guessing we don't know 98% of what you do behind the scenes for us. But we like the 2%. Keep up the good work, Leebo!

Just updated an issue that was causing certain automated tasks not to be ran on schedule or at all. As a result of this job not running properly emails for subscribed forums/threads were being delayed on getting sent, or in extreme cases not getting sent at all.

Delayed emails are now being slowly sent out so for some who maybe see a flood of emails from new threads days ago…….

Sorry Mistake GIF