We Are Building a Pool!!

Also looks like they glued your plumbing into the filter. That will be frustrating later. :brickwall: Ideally, there should be a union fitting somewhere on the in & out lines to the filter so you can disconnect the plumbing from the multiport valve later to get into it for maintenance and cleaning.

Valve direction - from looking at the Pentair pics (look like Jandy in a lot of ways) - pretty sure, in your speak, the valve should be full of water. The blocking portion of the rotating assembly has a seal that presses against the body. Water pressure against the back of that portion with the seal will help it to seal better. If reversed, the water pressure can push against the blocking portion, and over time *could* allow a little water to seep thru.

Another question. Should I install a bypass on the heater? The way I see it - no sense in exposing it to the salt water for 6 months that it will not be used..... Cuz - Texas.

Whacha think?

Valve direction - from looking at the Pentair pics (look like Jandy in a lot of ways) - pretty sure, in your speak, the valve should be full of water. The blocking portion of the rotating assembly has a seal that presses against the body. Water pressure against the back of that portion with the seal will help it to seal better. If reversed, the water pressure can push against the blocking portion, and over time *could* allow a little water to seep thru.
This is the answer I needed! Thank you!

Also looks like they glued your plumbing into the filter. That will be frustrating later. :brickwall: Ideally, there should be a union fitting somewhere on the in & out lines to the filter so you can disconnect the plumbing from the multiport valve later to get into it for maintenance and cleaning
You are right! I will mention it to my PB. It may be that it stays and I will know that I will need to cut it out and install unions at my first service.
He used glass media in the filter. He says it will last a lot longer than sand. We will see.

He used glass media in the filter. He says it will last a lot longer than sand. We will see
Read up on Zeolite as it's finnicky. It needs long backwash/rinse times and low RPM operation or it blows into the pool.

Lemme call you @PoolStored and @Flying Tivo for pointers.

Reactions: Mdragger88
He used glass media in the filter.

Read up on Zeolite as it's finnicky.

Glass media is NOT Zeolite. The two are very different animals.

Glass media is way less problematic than Zeolite. Sand is better and less problematic than glass. Were it I, I would use sand in my filter.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.