colin313

Aug 9, 2022
Chicago
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Just opened pool and noticing a wavy line that forms on the surface from one end to the other only when the pump is running. This is the first time seeing this. Hard to tell from the pictures but any idea what it is and how I get rid of it?

Attachments

• IMG_5882.jpeg
    IMG_5882.jpeg
    270.9 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_5883.jpeg
    IMG_5883.jpeg
    302.2 KB · Views: 38
That would be my only guess. Maybe try point them a different direction and see if the problem resolves?

That would be my only guess. Maybe try point them a different direction and see if the problem resolves?
I played around with them and I think it went away. Something so simple thanks! I thought that it might have been some sort of oil substance but wouldn’t have made sense since it’s only visible when the pump was on.

I spoke too soon and it’s actually back. I thought I resolved it by playing with the eyeball return jets, but seems to still form right around the skimmers. Wonder if there’s some sort of current coming from the skimmer when meeting with the current from returns that’s causing it to form.

Reactions: kul
Notice my skimmer is forming a current, pushing water and debris away from it. In turn it is creating that wavy line in the water I was referring to. To note, my return jet is at the opposite side pointing directly at the skimmer so I’d think that would force debris into it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support