Waterline Tile with Picasso Blue - Pool Designer Thoughts

Reynolds_pool

May 29, 2023
Charlotte, NC
We have settled on Picasso Blue to our pebble from Wet Edge Signature matrix and will have Ivory Travertine. We are considering the waterline tile of NPT Royal Seas - Royal Blue, but are not certain if it is too dark of a tile. We would love any suggestions for a tile that would look great with Picasso Blue and Ivory Travertine or if anyone has seen/used the Royal Blue waterline tile, would it look good with the other color selections?

Attachments

• 3624-Reynolds material pic.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 80
I think you will find that people around here are big advocates of waterline tile for various reasons. I always think it looks pretty because it gives a pool a really nice finished look. It probably also looks nicer long term because it's easier to keep the tiles looking good instead of trying to disguise a waterline on some other products. Then again, I have no idea how the Wet Edge products typically age at the waterline.

It's also so hard to envision how everything will look with water. I think the dark tile you picked will have a more formal and dramatic look than a lighter tile. It could be a really nice contrast. Depending on the style of your pool, that could be just what you're looking for. You might like this thread: Pool Finish and Color Viewing Room...PICTURES & details only please which shows all different combinations of surfaces and tiles.

I think you will find that people around here are big advocates of waterline tile for various reasons. I always think it looks pretty because it gives a pool a really nice finished look. It probably also looks nicer long term because it's easier to keep the tiles looking good instead of trying to disguise a waterline on some other products. Then again, I have no idea how the Wet Edge products typically age at the waterline.

It's also so hard to envision how everything will look with water. I think the dark tile you picked will have a more formal and dramatic look than a lighter tile. It could be a really nice contrast. Depending on the style of your pool, that could be just what you're looking for. You might like this thread: Pool Finish and Color Viewing Room...PICTURES & details only please which shows all different combinations of surfaces and tiles.
Thank you. Attached is the pool design. We plan to have ivory travertine for the deck and ledger.

Attachments

• 9100C5F8-E7A4-4C5D-B491-EC5ED275A22C.jpeg
    9100C5F8-E7A4-4C5D-B491-EC5ED275A22C.jpeg
    763.7 KB · Views: 63
We have settled on Picasso Blue to our pebble from Wet Edge Signature matrix and will have Ivory Travertine. We are considering the waterline tile of NPT Royal Seas - Royal Blue, but are not certain if it is too dark of a tile. We would love any suggestions for a tile that would look great with Picasso Blue and Ivory Travertine or if anyone has seen/used the Royal Blue waterline tile, would it look good with the other color selections?
@Reynolds_pool Did you make your final selection for your waterline tile? We're also looking at darker tiles and debating grout color. We'll probably do French Grey or Prism Blue pebble finish with ivory Shellock pavers. Here are some of the darker tiles we're looking at in case you haven't decided. We'd love input from you and others on dark tile and grout selection.

@Reynolds_pool Did you make your final selection for your waterline tile? We're also looking at darker tiles and debating grout color. We'll probably do French Grey or Prism Blue pebble finish with ivory Shellock pavers. Here are some of the darker tiles we're looking at in case you haven't decided. We'd love input from you and others on dark tile and grout selection.
Beautiful selections. We still have time to change, but will need to decide soon.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.