Waterline Tile Help!

minnesotagirl

Aug 5, 2023
Scottsdale, AZ
Hi there - I posted an intro message the other day, but we are resurfacing the pool in a home we just purchased in Arizona. Unfortunately we are living in MN and don't have options to look at in person. Choosing things online is a challenge. We are going to use Blue Surf Pebblesheen. The max pool depth I believe is 5 feet, maybe 5.5. Has anyone used either of these waterline tiles with Blue Surf? Or do you have another waterline tile suggestion (2x2, not glass)? I don't want it to look purple. :)

Hoping that pdf shows up. :) New to this forum, AND to pools! ;) THANK YOU!

Attachments

• Waterline Tile Color with Blue Surf PebbleSheen.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 38
You cannot go wrong with either one of those! LOVE THEM both!!

One thing I do want to talk to you about with those tiles is you will want to dig through the boxes and pick out any that are extra pretty (or ugly) to set aside. The extra pretty ones set aside to be used on the far side of the pool where your eyes will fall when you walk out to the pool. The ugly ones can be used to make cuts out of as needed. (Yes I do have control issues LOL). We did have one build where they took all of the darker tiles and put them together then put the lighter ones all together. It looked AWFUL and they had to redo it :(

I like them and expect them to blend in with the pool. If you want the tile to stand out, I would go with something with more contrast. We have blue surf as well and a similar shade of blue waterline tile (see my signature for all of our details). Here is what it looks like, but I kinda wish we would have gone with something with a bit more contrast:

Blue Surf 3.jpg

One thing I do want to talk to you about with those tiles is you will want to dig through the boxes and pick out any that are extra pretty (or ugly) to set aside. The extra pretty ones set aside to be used on the far side of the pool where your eyes will fall when you walk out to the pool. The ugly ones can be used to make cuts out of as needed. (Yes I do have control issues LOL). We did have one build where they took all of the darker tiles and put them together then put the lighter ones all together. It looked AWFUL and they had to redo it :(
Oh goodness, this is good advice, and I will definitely talk to them about this! Great tip! Thanks!

Ps, I love your cat. We have two ragdolls. :)

• Love
Reactions: kimkats
I like them and expect them to blend in with the pool. If you want the tile to stand out, I would go with something with more contrast. We have blue surf as well and a similar shade of blue waterline tile (see my signature for all of our details). Here is what it looks like, but I kinda wish we would have gone with something with a bit more contrast:

View attachment 521425
That's very pretty! Thank you for your advice!

Reactions: JJ_Tex
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.