Waterfall pressure acting funky

northshorepoolboys

In The Industry
Apr 10, 2024
Massachusetts
I’m a CPO & have a new client who’s dealing with some issues & I can’t seem to figure it out for the life of me.

Pretty much His waterfall works when it wants to. His pool pump is fully primed, no air in filter but seems to drop pressure after a hour or so while his pump is still full to top. But that’s not what I’m only confused about,

When we first start the system up his jets work great but once we open the valve to the water fall there’s no flow, jets will still work though.

We have to turn the system on with the valve open to even see a tiny bit & like I said sometimes it’s a lot better then usual but not at all what it used to be from the previous years.

I doubt it’s a cracked line, seems to be more of a pressure or air leak issue however I checked & couldn’t find anything. Very stumped any pointers?

All the lines seem fine besides one return to the pool that you can see constant air bubbles come out of

Attachments

• IMG_0654.jpeg
    IMG_0654.jpeg
    411.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0658.jpeg
    IMG_0658.jpeg
    413.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0659.jpeg
    IMG_0659.jpeg
    360.7 KB · Views: 9
I’m a CPO & have a new client who’s dealing with some issues & I can’t seem to figure it out for the life of me.

Pretty much His waterfall works when it wants to. His pool pump is fully primed, no air in filter but seems to drop pressure after a hour or so while his pump is still full to top. But that’s not what I’m only confused about,

When we first start the system up his jets work great but once we open the valve to the water fall there’s no flow, jets will still work though.

We have to turn the system on with the valve open to even see a tiny bit & like I said sometimes it’s a lot better then usual but not at all what it used to be from the previous years.

I doubt it’s a cracked line, seems to be more of a pressure or air leak issue however I checked & couldn’t find anything. Very stumped any pointers?

All the lines seem fine besides one return to the pool that you can see constant air bubbles come out of
Condition of that water says you have a problem with a very dirty filter at the very least. DE? A DE filter will act like that when it is very dirty or impacted. When was the last time it was torn down and completely cleaned?
Sand? When was the last time it had a truly good backwash? Pool looks small. If that is a large sand filter, it probably lowers the water level considerably during a proper backwash, usually meaning it isn't completely cleaned as it should be before the water level gets too low.

Condition of that water says you have a problem with a very dirty filter at the very least. DE? A DE filter will act like that when it is very dirty or impacted. When was the last time it was torn down and completely cleaned?
Sand? When was the last time it had a truly good backwash? Pool looks small. If that is a large sand filter, it probably lowers the water level considerably during a proper backwash, usually meaning it isn't completely cleaned as it should be before the water level gets too low.
Hi thank you for your reply,

Yes it is a DE filter sitting at only 20 PSI, water level is fine! Not to worried about the balance of the pool at the moment just trying to find a underlying cause