Waterfall feature leaking water

Nov 29, 2011
Magnolia Texas
I have a saltwater pool with a built in waterfall that appears to be made out of PVC and embedded in limestone rock wall. I’ve demolished the rock wall down to the waterfall feature and have found it is leaking at the top seams of the waterfall body where the top joins to the side Of the waterfall feature. I’m guessing it was from the freeze and loss of power we had here in Houston.

My question is do you think this is repairable since it is the seam? I would think some type of plastic bonding adhesive or epoxy would be worth a try. Any recommendations on what type. A second more risky option would be to carefully drill and then put in stainless steel screws. The last option would be to buy a new waterfall feature.
Any advise on what may work is appreciated . For now I have the waterfall valve turned off. Thank you.

Any pictures you can share? Especially showing where you think the leak might be coming from? I have 4 separate basins that fill up (each 500 gallons or so) for my 2 cascading waterfalls. The boulders and mortar leaked water constantly, so I ended up putting in vinyl liners in the basins. Solved the leaking problem, except for the very top where we couldn't get the liner to go all the way up because of the shape of the basins. Wasn't cheap, but it worked.

Picture one is the waterfall (shows where I removed the limestone). Picture two is the back. It's leaking where the top seam meets the back seem. Picture three is the side. Leaking the same place. Rather take out the old waterfall if anyone has any ideas on how to epoxy, glue, weld- fix the leaking seams I'd appreciate it. From suppliers websites I'm guess it could be PVC. thumbnail_IMG_0550.jpgthumbnail_IMG_0552.jpgthumbnail_IMG_0551.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.