Water turns green after swimmin

The number of pucks depends on your CYA. As your pucks dissolve and the CYA increases, your FC requirements will be higher.

I was able to use about three pounds of pucks and it kept my 20CYA pool clear for a week.

Usually if you are only going to be gone a week, raising the FC to shock level and covering the pool usually works. If you can't cover the pool you can add a couple of pucks in a floater if the CYA is low enough and run the pump on a timer to keep things circulating.

302harrison said:
Thank you, everyone, for the great advice! Got the CYA to a more manageable level and SLAMed it, and our pool is sparkly clear (and has been for a few weeks now.)

Quick question: We are leaving town for a week. How many pucks do we need to put in to keep the chlorine levels up high enough while we're gone? Two? Thanks!!

Keep in mind that pucks will add CYA. I'm curious what answers you get since I'd like to know how much CYA is in a 3" puck. I have lots of pucks left over since I just finished working on my own CYA problem.

duraleigh said:
At the bottom of the pool calculator there is a calc that will tell you how much CYA each puck will add to your pool.

I saw that but short of finding a scale how much do the pucks weigh? Are they a standard weight? I have a 100 pound bucket of pucks. I didn't see anything on it that said how much each puck weighed and I really don't want to take them all out and count them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.