Water started flowing yesterday

Bainsworth said:
No it more like 35000 gallons. That's all the cya I had on hand until next trip to town
Whoops, I used your tanning ledge dimensions in your sig to estimate your pool volume :hammer: ...please put your volume in your sig, so I don't do that again...I know I will :oops:

Alright, so that much cya (it was the liquid stuff?) would raise your 35000 gallon pool by only 16 ppm cya. I would just get enough granular stabilizer to get up to 70-80 ppm cya (since you have an swg). The dry (granular) stuff is much cheaper and in the end just as effective as the liquid. Just put it in an old sock and either hang it in front of a pool return (my preferred method) or put the sock in a skimmer basket.

Bainsworth said:
No it more like 35000 gallons.
[s:t8rbn4eh]I highly doubt this.
If the pool is a 28' x 14' rectangle it would have to have an average depth of 12 feet to give 35k gallons.

More realistically the average depth is likely 4-5 feet which puts the pool closer to 12k if it is not a true rectangle.[/s:t8rbn4eh]

Can you confirm the pool dimensions?
Can you confirm that you added 6 quarts of LIQUID stabilizer?

UGH ... did the same as linen

Ok I fixed my signature. I added 12 lbs of granulated cya. The other day sorry for the mis conception I was going off memory. Today I bought more of the same for, Walmart and added 12 mor pounds of cya I also added 5 lbs of calcium to bring up my ch and late today I added to a quart of acid to bring down my ph.
Today's numbers before any additions were
FC 5
Cc0
Ph8.0
Ta80
Ch200
Cya30

So if I understand correctly you have added 24 lbs total of granular cya? That should bring your 35000 gallon pool up to 82 ppm cya. If the second 2 lbs haven't dissolved yet, I might remove some of it (maybe half) so that you do by mistake go over our recommend 70-80 ppm cya (for the swg). Granulated cya can take a week to show up on test.

I would lower your ph down with Muriatic Acid.

Yes you r correct about the 24 lbs. I cannot remove it. But today's test showed
Fc 5
Cc 0
Ph 7.2
Ta 80
Ch 260
Cya 60.

I hope I dissolved all the cya. I brushed it around until it was gone then left the cleaner running without the bag on it all night as well.
I have no way of knowing my exact gallons of my pool so maybe I have more water then speculated but I could have less. Thanks for the the advice

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.