Water slides hydraulic recirculation system desgine ( pipe work and tanks layout )

Abdulellah

In The Industry
Jul 27, 2023
Yemen
Greetings to all of you. Briefly, I will not be long. Recently, I was assigned the task of designing a water circulation network for water slides. The problem, in short, is that I have concerns about the huge amount of water flow, which reaches an amount of 580 cubic meters per hour, and I believe that it will cause a flood. The pool water basin. I want to understand how to design its system. Should I separate the water purification circulation system from the slide water recycling system? How will all of this affect the pool water level? Does anyone have a book or reference that discusses the topic of designing water networks for water slides? I hope it can help me
wa.png

Attachments

• wa.png
    wa.png
    84.4 KB · Views: 9
Greetings to all of you. Briefly, I will not be long. Recently, I was assigned the task of designing a water circulation network for water slides.
The problem, in short, is that I have concerns about the huge amount of water flow, which reaches an amount of 580 cubic meters per hour, and I believe that it will cause a flood. The pool water basin.
The pump would be drawing from the basin and eventually that same water would return to that same basin so flooding would only occur if there was a failure somewhere. The only real concern is about sizing the pipe and pumps properly as well as entrapment safety.

I want to understand how to design its system. Should I separate the water purification circulation system from the slide water recycling system? How will all of this affect the pool water level?
Yes, the high volume of water would be necessary only for the water slides. You don't want to force that much flow rate through a filtration system if you don't have to or it would need to be a huge bank of filters. But this also depends on local ordinances and regulations.

Are you designing only the filtration system or both the filtration and the slide systems?

Are you well versed in local regulations?

There appears to be 5 slides. You will need the flow rate requirements for each slide individually.

Also, the height of each slide water entrance is needed. Do you also have detailed drawing of each slides' water entrance area?

A higher resolution drawing would be helpful in order to read the text.

Where is the pump house located?

Does anyone have a book or reference that discusses the topic of designing water networks for water slides? I hope it can help me
Do have much experience or education in this area?

What are your qualifications for this project?

Designing a very high flow rate water delivery system for very large water slides is not well suited for someone who has not been well educated and trained in fluid dynamics. People's safety could be at risk for any decisions that you may make and your liability could be huge. Coming to a forum that deals mainly with private pools, gives me pause.

Is this setup for a private residence or a commercial water park?

Even if it is a private residence, there could still be significant liability. If this is a commercial project, why aren't you using an experienced engineering firm for the design?

@mas985
Thank you. I am a civil engineer and I have learned most of the basics in "water" hydraulics. I think you have commented on all the points that are on my mind and I already know them, so I am asking to remove any doubts in my mind. Just give me a little time and we will have a discussion that will not be available in any forum. Except this wonderful forum.

Let us make drawings as our langue to explain water recirculation system of wate slide "ride"

Last edited:
Reactions: mas985
The flood comes from a miscalculation of the time for the water to return, as well as the flow of the amount of water that feeds the start reservoir " pump suction reservior " that seprated of slpah pool or landing pool , there is no contact with slide users