IL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-20
Last summer was the first one for our pool. When the pool company closed the pool for the winter, they cut the flex hose supplying the water to the slide (standard practice per the company). I opened the pool myself this summer and I am trying to figure out what the best union is to reconnect the hoses and be able to easily disconnect for future closings. What is the best practice in this case? Is schedule 40 standard for this application/pressure?

Pics attached for reference. Although the tape is not lined up perfectly, it is 1" ID flex hose.

Attachments

• IMG_9955.jpeg
    IMG_9955.jpeg
    602.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_9957.jpeg
    IMG_9957.jpeg
    245.9 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Seriously? Just cut the line in half and say “see ya” with not a word how or leaving a way to fix it? I’d be livid if someone had done that to me.

I think you should be able to get an insert coupling and some hose clamps.

Reactions: bgoz98
Cutting the line is standard practice? :scratch: You may need to install a union for future disconnecting. I will tag @Casey who had a slide installed with her new pool to see how she manages hers. Stand by .....................
My line was cut the first year because they couldn't get the water blown out of it. PB came our n put it back together. My brother tried to twist the union off but it wad glued on and leaked badly at opening. I had to cut it again. I just glued a piece into place and instead of blowing the line, I'll have it suctioned for winterizing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.