Water not coming out of returns when backwashing

Nikki2077

Jun 20, 2014
Franklin, Virginia
Hi All,
I'm still learning how to properly operate my pool equipment so I hired a pool company to do my opening. I went to backwash and I don't have any flow coming through the returns. Also, I noticed my pressure gauge is running at about 25 psi and when they put the eyeballs on the return they have them facing upward and they are so tight I'm unable to correct them. Any advice?

When the multi port valve is set to backwash the water should only come out of the backwash port. After backwashing turn the pump off & move the valve to rinse until there’s no sand in the sight glass (a minute or so)
Then turn pump off & move the valve to filter.
you must turn it to filter for water to pass through the filter & return to the pool.
Only make changes to the valve with the pump off & only turn the valve in the clockwise direction.

Reactions: PoolGate
When the multi port valve is set to backwash the water should only come out of the backwash port. After backwashing turn the pump off & move the valve to rinse until there’s no sand in the sight glass (a minute or so)
Then turn pump off & move the valve to filter.
you must turn it to filter for water to pass through the filter & return to the pool.
Only make changes to the valve with the pump off & only turn the valve in the clockwise direction.
Thank you! Will do that now. I forgot that I should not see water coming out of the return lines when I'm backwashing the filter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.