water moves into the skimmer too slow??

Where's everyone? Well I think at different times and you still sleeping.
i just added 2.5gal liquid chlorine, after 30min the chlorine now around 2.0 and 3.0. but the pH from 7.6 raise to 8.2, wow.. what's wrong? liquid chlorine raise the pH?
I have to wait a few hours to check again?

do i need to lower the pH now?

garymala said:
=> cyanuric acid=10ppm??
You seem unsure about this result. What are you using to test CYA with? Most tests do not read below 20 ppm.

garymala said:
liquid chlorine raise the pH?
The pH test is invalid at high FC levels (above 10 ppm). Do not test pH when SLAMming or your may overcompensate on trying to adjust it. Liquid chlorine is pH neutral. At maintenance FC levels, the pH will briefly spike up when bleach is first added, then it will come back down.

garymala said:
i used 2 pack of shock treatment (which the guy at pool store tell me)...
Stick with liquid bleach only. The shock treatment from the pool store likely contains either CYA or calcium. Too much of either can cause problems. The advice we give is often incompatible with what the pool store says. You will need to choose one approach or the other.

garymala said:
but the chlorine still low after 10hours...
This is a sign that the algae is consuming the chlorine. Chlorine gets used up as a part of doing its job as a sanitizer. It must be replenished periodically. During the SLAM process, you must test a few times a day and add chlorine as needed.

garymala said:
but still not understand that i should use the chlorine tabs or liquid chlorine?
Liquid chlorine. Tabs are fine to use when you are on vacation and the pool will be unattended. Otherwise, stick with liquid chlorine.

garymala said:
if i choose to use the liquid chlorine, do i need to fill the chlorine tabs into the floater too?
No.

garymala said:
and how about the chlorine feeder, is it only useful if im on vacation?
Yes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.