Water Loss - Possible Cause?

Jun 26, 2016
Lewisville, Texas
My pool is losing a lot of water and am wondering if its possible to diagnose the problem from the results of the testing I've performed.

I let the pool sit for 5 days with all equipment off and the pool water level dropped 6 inches and the Spa water level dropped 2 inches.

I refilled the pool and then ran the filter for 24 hours. After 24 hours the Pool water level dropped 2 inches. The Spa water level remained the same.

Based on these results do you have an idea of what could be the cause? I've called the pool builder to come do leak detection tests. I just am trying to be as educated on this as possible before they come by so they don't try to overcharge me or misdiagnose the problem.

My pool is losing a lot of water and am wondering if its possible to diagnose the problem from the results of the testing I've performed.

I let the pool sit for 5 days with all equipment off and the pool water level dropped 6 inches and the Spa water level dropped 2 inches.

I refilled the pool and then ran the filter for 24 hours. After 24 hours the Pool water level dropped 2 inches. The Spa water level remained the same.

Based on these results do you have an idea of what could be the cause? I've called the pool builder to come do leak detection tests. I just am trying to be as educated on this as possible before they come by so they don't try to overcharge me or misdiagnose the problem.
Do some digging (pun intended?) to figure out where the water might be going. 6” is a lot. Do you have a drain attached to a backwash valve or anything like that?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.