Water level keeps rising in pool

My overflow is a grate is in the water line tile. Sometimes there is a hole in the auto fill canister, but I don't see one your pic. The shut off valve is usually at the edge of the pool deck opposite of the autofill. If it keeps running even though the plunger is raised all the way up then the rubber stopper is bad and needs to be replaced. It is the same as a toilet. Lowe's sells the runpbber valve stopper or the whole valve assembly. In the plumbing section.

If i understand correctly, you are saying buy a fill valve from lowes, the same one that is used in toilets, and install it here. Okay will do that. If anybody can give some directions on how to remove existing valve, that will be great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. I am at homedepot now and will try to buy that black rubber stopper. The water level has increased by 5 inches in 2 days. No rain. So it looks like i am going to get a bigger water bill this month

Thanks everyone This problem is now solved. I think i had a leaking fill valve inside my poolmiser for nearly a year, since i took over this pool. I did what pooldv suggests, i replaced the toilet fill valve cap. Purchased it from homedepot for $3. See picture for any others who read this and have same problem. Its been 3 days now and water level is constant and no hissing sound from my autofill . I tried to replace the entire fill valve, but could not remove the old one. Tried turning it but would not come off, i did not want to break it and create a bigger problem, so i just replaced with a new cap. The cap comes with the black rubber ring inside it
4220f50b0ef76905ec01492b8ac1116c.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.