Water level for an unlevel pool

jachol

May 31, 2013
Hello! My fiance and I recently bought an 18x48 Intex Easy Set and as we set it up (on what appeared to be level ground) and started to fill, we realized there was about a 4 to 5 inch drop from one side to the other. I had done a lot of research and knew that was unsafe, so we drained it and built up the low end with sod that we happened to have (we had just dug out a garden in our front lawn). We packed it down the best we could, used a level, it seemed to be good to go. We have been filling for a few hours and it still seems like at its worst it is 3.5 inches unlevel, which is frustrating considering all the sod and grass we stacked up underneath. Anyway, we have decided now that we are going to continue with filling, but we are just not going to fill it as full.

What is the highest level we could fill the lower end to? If we fill it to just below the top ring, will that be okay and stable? There are no kids--it's just my fiance and me and we will just be floating around and hanging out, so there will be no hanging on the sides or anything.

That simply isn't going to be safe. The sod is going to compact down over time, making the bottom uneven and recreating nearly the full original tilt. It really is worth the time and effort to properly level the ground.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.