Water leaking from top cap of air relief assembly - Nautilus NS48 (Pac-Fab, Pentair) DE filter

Rob LBoston

May 21, 2023
Boston
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello - I just joined TFP today and am excited to get some advice from people that truly know what they are talking about.

I have a Nautilus NS48 (Pac-Fab, Pentair) filter. The filter is 20 years old or so, but it has worked well. I took the top cap off and inspected it, but didn't find a way to stop the leak. I am now planning to replace the entire air relief assembly (part no 27-3581 according to the Nautilus DE Filter Installation, Operation & Service manual). Can anyone tell me if they have come across this problem before, and if replacing the air relief assembly will fix the problem? See photo below. Thank you

leak top cap of air relief assembly.jpg

The same exact thing happen to my Hayward DE Filter. I replaced the entire air relief assembly as you plan to do and yes, it totally stopped the leak 100%. Good as new now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.