Water is not clear

Do I assume correctly that when you opened your pool you back-washed and cleaned your sand filter? The funny thinkg about sand filters is that when they are clean they do not filter quite as well as they do when a little dirty. A solution to this is to add DE powder to the sand filter to capture smaller particles.

Add DE to a Sand Filter

Generally during a SLAM this should only be done after passing the first two criteria and you are just trying to clear the water.

Instead of actual DE I use cellulose fiber DE replacement powder.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
In addition to vacuuming, I would still recommend brushing the pool as frequently as possible, especially while SLAMMING. In fact, when I SLAMMED my pool last year, I was vacuuming the first few days of the SLAM, once I started brushing regularly, my SLAM sped up tremendously. I actually stopped vacuuming altogether and just focused on brushing 3-4 times a day. In my opinion, brushing was much more effective then vacuuming.

1:00pm
FC - 12.0
CC - 0.0

I'm able to see the main drain on the bottom of the deep end now. I guess that DE is helping with the clarity.
Now that I have 0 CC, should I stop the SLAM? or do I continue it for a little longer till water is crystal clear?
if so should I up the FC back to 16 again?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.