Water Gard 300

Dabby

Aug 16, 2010
Saginaw, TX
Does anyone have any experience with underwater paint, such as Water Gard 300? Our local pool company did a Crud job of fixing two cracks in our pool a couple of years ago. They used white plaster in a blue pool. They tried to fix it a couple of times and failed, so I have been looking for alternatives. I know a paint won't have the varied colors of the QuartzScape Aruba Sky pool surface, but I was thinking light blue would be better than white.

I was hoping to paint it without draining.

Attachments

• IMG_4357.JPG
    IMG_4357.JPG
    457 KB · Views: 6
Sad that it doesn't look like they even tried to match the color. Or, if they did they used the wrong dye/pigment, whatever. Pool plaster is white and the color is added when it is mixed. There are powdered dyes, liquid water-based dyes, oil based dyes. Then it is subject to the variations of application and water chemistry, so the result is never the exact same from one pool to the next. If you paint the pool be aware that most paint will only last about 5 years in real-world use regardless of manufacturer and then need to be redone and is usually a very big mess leading up to that point.

Reactions: Bperry
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.