water country amusement park

Diver

May 5, 2011
South of Boston
yesterday i went to Water Country amusement part in Portsmouth, NH with some of my friends. since i've been reading this site non stop for last 4 months and maintaining my pool for the very first season i was somewhat curious about the water balance in the park.

the water looks extremely clean and sparkly with not much chloramine smell. there were tons of people and even more kids, so that's pretty impressive. and then i noticed an employee with a familiar blue box - taylor 2006k kit. he tested PH and did titration FC/CC test. he didn't have a speed stir and he poured the test back into the water, but it was cool to see them use the proper testing none the less.

DaneCE said:
Too bad it wasn't a pretty girl...you could have talked shop with her for a flirt. :cool:

then my wife will have an excuse to use her "guns" on me :)

5620_1196412223341_1019537350_617085_2878084_n.jpg

OH NO! :shock:

She looks great, it looks like you both take care of your bodies. I keep in shape with free weights...that and a killer tan works great for being a pool bum whenever I get the chance :cheers:

DaneCE said:
OH NO! :shock:

She looks great, it looks like you both take care of your bodies. I keep in shape with free weights...that and a killer tan works great for being a pool bum whenever I get the chance :cheers:

Welcome to TFP!!

You seem to have 'Moxie' - your responses in this thread show me that you'll be a great member here :cheers:

I built and serviced pools in Richmond for 6 years, if you need any help with your pool, just let me know :)

waste said:
Welcome to TFP!!

You seem to have 'Moxie' - your responses in this thread show me that you'll be a great member here :cheers:

I built and serviced pools in Richmond for 6 years, if you need any help with your pool, just let me know :)

Hey thanks!

I'm always in a good mood...good health will do that. :goodjob:

I'm in Chesapeake. After some minor work on my pool this spring I only have one small thing to fix, partially stripped threads on the drain to my Hayward sand filter. The cap is stripped too but I'm going to replace that in the fall after I lower the water to close. I have it sealed with plastic epoxy for now. I'm hoping that a new cap will allow for a good seal. If that doesn't work I'll have to come up with plan B...which is ???

I started with a new liner this spring after reinforcing the lower half of the steel walls with 26 guage. There were about 100 tiny rust holes which I cleaned, painted then coated with Sonneborn NP 1 Polyurethane sealant...then covered the entire wall with Rust-Oleum before installing the 26 guage with 1/8" pad over the 26 guage. I don't know the age of the pool or the history. The pump is a 1HP Hayward which is working fine. I did replace the Hayward Pro Series Vari-Flo control valve due to a crack in the original.

Last year was my first year with a pool, having bought a home with an existing 15x30 AG with a deck surrounding, then stepping down a foot to a larger deck area. In May I spent 45 hours replacing the pool deck area. Much more work to do this fall.

Since quickly finding the BBB info last year I have to say that keeping my water perfect is so easy and for only about $1 per day for Clorox.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.