Atlanta, GA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I changed the filter setting to ‘ filter ‘ this morning. I’ve been using recirculate function for a couple of days. Start pressure was 11 psi. i backwashed 3 times. After the third time I let it filter again, after 1.5 hours I went to check it and water came out if the filter gauge and backwash port. So I backwashed the filter again, rinsed and put it on filter again. No water came out of the gauge but the starting pressure is now 5 psi and water come out of the backwash port while on ‘filter’. I am getting very discouraged. It looks like there is water coming out of the top of tank too near the backwash port.

I changed the filter setting to ‘ filter ‘ this morning. I’ve been using recirculate function for a couple of days. Start pressure was 11 psi. i backwashed 3 times. After the third time I let it filter again, after 1.5 hours I went to check it and water came out if the filter gauge and backwash port. So I backwashed the filter again, rinsed and put it on filter again. No water came out of the gauge but the starting pressure is now 5 psi and water come out of the backwash port while on ‘filter’. I am getting very discouraged. It looks like there is water coming out of the top of tank too near the backwash port.
Which brand valve? Pictures would help. Possibly a bad spider gasket.

my husband looked at it. It is actually a pin hole crack on the tank just beside the backwash port. He’s putting an epoxy on top on it right now but not sure how long that will last.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.