Wardsntx Pool build

I too was pleased with the final rock product....still a little on the fake side which was expected, but they did a great job on the subtle color changes. Hard to see from the pics, but used all the colors from the flag and ledgestone and tile. I wonder what the salt water would do to the animatronics? Maybe we should start a thread on that. :lol:

The Pebble should be going on this week, but not going to happen. The landscaper will be out this week I am told to go over the irrigation and the plants. That will be done first, then they will do the plaster, I will give them 2 more weeks. My supervisor is about worthless at this point. My pool builder should have hired me to oversee the build. I think I have caught more mistakes and brought too many things to his attention for me to think he is worth a Dang.

They built the fire pit yesterday and it's in the wrong spot...if his butt would have been here, he could have made sure they did it right. The funny thing is, when they got here that had the construction plans in their hands...any idiot could look at the drawing and figure out where it was supposed to be....instead of the center being in the center, they put the left side of the fire pit where the center was supposed to go.

Anyway, I am touching base with the owner tonight to go over the list of problems we have had so far...all of which I feel could have been avoided if my Super would have been here when he was supposed to be.

Oh so close, but still dragging on. I think we are on week 8 now...lost track, but they could have been done two weeks ago if they would have stuck to the schedule they told me.

Ed, I will post the couple of pics here in a bit with the waterslide details.

Sorry to hear about your problems Jay, but they sound just oh so familiar. You may as well be in my backyard. I like my super, he usually meets the subs here, tells them what to do and then takes off. That's when they screw it up. Truth be told, if he were here more we would have also been done weeks ago. Guess it's the same everywhere.

How exciting! Glad it's working out and they are going to take care of everything. We've been in a state of remodel with various projects for the last 3 years, and I can tell you nothing *ever* goes as planned. I have learned to be extremely patient and my ability to remain calm in the face of adversity amazes me :) There are always going to be setbacks, disappointments (tile!) but in the end, it's all worth it.

All your plans, energy, frustrations, etc. you've put forth are about to pay off. I can't wait to see your final pics!

Finally new information to report....

After a frustrating week of nothing, they came on Monday and started to move the fire pit, but didn't finish, so I made a phone call and told them something needed to happen this week....we are only waiting on landscaping, fire pit moving, cross fence and plaster. So today, landscape, sod and sprinkler system repair! Yeah, so close. PebbleSheen is scheduled for next Tuesday, so no swimming on Labor Day, but maybe by the end of next week! So here are a few pics of the landscaping. Still have a lot left we want to do, but we feel like this is a great start.

<a>
102_1198.jpg
</a>

<a>
102_1196.jpg
</a>

<a>
102_1194.jpg
</a>

<a>
102_1193.jpg
</a>

<a>
102_1192.jpg
</a>

<a>
102_1190.jpg
</a>

<a>
102_1189.jpg
</a>

<a>
102_1197.jpg
</a>

crabboy said:
That landscaping looks great. You've inspired me to hire a professional to design our landscaping. I'll be sending you the bill :)

After just laying down 100 yds of sod myself in the heat and humidity we have, I would definitely recommend paying somebody (anybody) to do it! I will defintely have someone do that next time!

tagprod said:
I can't take it anymore - I have to see that pool filled with water.

ME TOO!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks to everyone for your comments....

I would highly reccomend to landscaper the pool company used here in Houston. Jose with JLC Landscaping was great...all this in 5 hours including sprinkler repair and sod replacement. We are very pleased with the results and are ready to swim.

Thanks again, and I will post once we get pebble and WATER!

It's turning out so beautifully! I'm with the others..can't wait for water (not as much as you, I bet!) We DIY'ed our landscaping at our last house. It's hard work, and doesn't usually get done as fast 8) I've gotten bids and we're going with a professional this time. I can't wait for landscaping. To me, that's the fun part.

Beautiful landscape job, very inviting tropical escape! Have patience, I was 28 days beyond my original swim date before getting to jump in the water of my pool. Hope all your issues are resolved quickly so you get to enjoy!

At least you have a super to blame...I have been taking my husbands complaints with stride. It is hard for some to understand that problems occur and you must use patience since it will not get done any sooner by geting mad.

thanks again everyone....going to install landscape lighting this weekend as long as the rain holds off.

Finally got the fire pit moved and finished...a little damage to the decking underneath, so they will have to fix that, but it's definitely nice to have the yard back and no more dirt and mud. The neighborhood kids are a little upset they have lost their dirt pile, but once they are able to get wet I am sure they will be fine!

Hope everyone has a GREAT Labor Day Weekend. Looks like rain here in Houston, but at least no work on Monday!

Beautiful job! I loved seeing the progress of this Pool! The addition of plants and the painting of that slide/waterfall really makes it look terrific. I would have never thought about the lights but that is going to really look good at night! I know you said you weren't really thrilled about that feature when you began but I can tell you it transforms your pool to something really special. Since I'm a newbie here, I'm not sure if it's proper, can you tell me what a water feature like that might cost? I realize costs will be different, in different areas but a ballpark would be nice. Thanks and again ......great pool!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.