Want to redo filter piping, need advice!

Well at long last the pool filter upgrade project is done. I have to put the fencing back in place, but I ran all of the water lines for the chemical controller and got everything programmed and up and running. 500lbs of salt later, the system says it is generating chlorine. I have a little bit of pump programming to do yet. Right now I am just running the IntelliFlo on manual, but the Autopilot system is fully programmed and appears to be doing what it is supposed to be doing!

23325674090_1c908e5f1e_c.jpg

Congrats!! Looks like a nice a setup and the best part is you saved a ton of $$$ doing it yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,16k gal SWG pool (All Pentair), QuadDE100 Filter, Taylor K-2006

Well I had one last item I needed to take care of on the system. When I installed the AutoPilot SWG and Chemical control systems, they tied into the system with saddle connectors which were really not all that professional. I also think I was picking up some air on the suction side of the pump as a result of these types of connectors:

23007082223_85b0d9391d.jpg

23338453120_3bac57623c.jpg

So I ran down to Ace and was able to find the right kind of tap (1/4" NPT) and Push Fit connectors and redid them this morning:

23634162035_2546f408cd.jpg

23007079693_b6f1f0c623.jpg

Now not only does it look better, I immediately noticed that I was no longer sucking air on the suction side of my pump for the water return line from the chemical control system!

And yes, now I need to put in the new fences and put down rock!

NICE job! What a difference! WOW! Have the kids been in yet????? LOL

Have you taught them to help with the upkeep?

Kim

Thanks Kim -

It was a family affair with all the kids helping so it made the project a lot of fun. We are happy with the way it turned out. Now we are fine tuning management and the older kids will each learn how to read the test kit and help keep the system up and running! However, for some reason they don't want to go swimming yet. It might have to do with the fact that the water is 45 degrees!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.