Jul 6, 2010
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
I have a Stenner 85MHP17 pump that was earlier a part of my home water system. I’d like to use it to add acid to my pool since I consistently have high TA. Thinking about using a Pentair acid container and then running the line into the pipe just after the SWG. But I don’t know how to control the acid being pumped into the line. Can I somehow connect the Stenner pump to the Pentair control panel? Or do I need to instead buy a Pentair pump and controller upgrade that is normally sold with the container? I’m pretty good with plumbing but electrical stuff baffles me.

Roy,

Wow.. 3 posts since 2010... Even I can type faster than that... :poke: :mrgreen:

What is your TA???

If you use a Stenner, you would need to control it with a relay so that you can turn it on and off for the amount of time you want it to work.

I initially wanted an acid pump, but found that lowering my TA means only adding a little acid once a week or less, which works better for me.

Thanks,

Jim R.

I added a Stenner Pump and Tank for MA dosing this Spring, though my pool isn't quite yet open, I'm excited about using it moving forward. I plumbed the drip feed post-SWG as well. The pump power switch is ON all the time, but the power to the pump only comes on when the Filter Pump relay itself is on. That way, it only doses when the automation system (in my case, Jandy) is schedule to run the filter pump, when the filter pump is off, the Stenner pump won't dose. Hope that helps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.