CT
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45
This yyear i replaced my old pump with a variable speed. I recommend this to anyone thinking about it, as well as a SWCG. Saved so much money on electric bill, and I enjoyed less chemistry time. Now I still have my old pump, I was going to convert it back to 120, and I wanted to try and set up another filter setup with my spare cartridges for startup. if I can retrofit say 2 filters and make something that can rest in the pool, will I technically be filtering 50% more at the start of the year? i would plumb the 2 filters one say the top, and plug the bottom, and return to pump, then just right back into the pool. Has anyone tried this? Im interested to see any other people who have tried this, if not ill make a prototype and post it spring-time.

Is your current filter not adequate. I don't yet understand your motive.
cleaning to pool 50% faster when i open in spring. that was not really helpful to my question though, not sure why you took the time to post that response? can you elaborate further on why you responded to a question with another question?

cleaning to pool 50% faster when i open in spring. that was not really helpful to my question though, not sure why you took the time to post that response? can you elaborate further on why you responded to a question with another question?
They are called port-a-vacs. Pool service companies use them all the time, a pump and filter on a cart that sits on the side of the pool to either add filtration (a hose from the pump inlet and filter outlet in the pool) or to not use the customer's system to vacuum a dirty pool.
Ones who use their time and experience sometimes need more information (hence a question) to give the best response.
1701736824693.png

cleaning to pool 50% faster when i open in spring
IMO you'll lose that found time between setting up your spare rig, cleaning it after, and storing it. It would be easier to just vac the spring sediment on the floor and clean the main filter. My opening crud isn't enough to need an immediate cleaning so I wait until the spring crud is finished, which still isn't enough to warrant a cleaning, but I clean it at that point just because.

Reactions: 1poolman1
They are called port-a-vacs. Pool service companies use them all the time, a pump and filter on a cart that sits on the side of the pool to either add filtration (a hose from the pump inlet and filter outlet in the pool) or to not use the customer's system to vacuum a dirty pool.
Ones who use their time and experience sometimes need more information (hence a question) to give the best response.
View attachment 543187
this is exactly what i was thinking! thank you for sharing this. The motivation behind it is simply not wanting to waste a working poump I replaced, and to give me an excuse to build something I absolutely can live without!

IMO you'll lose that found time between setting up your spare rig, cleaning it after, and storing it. It would be easier to just vac the spring sediment on the floor and clean the main filter. My opening crud isn't enough to need an immediate cleaning so I wait until the spring crud is finished, which still isn't enough to warrant a cleaning, but I clean it at that point just because.
its mostly to just build something with spare time. I'm more interested in getting the pool clean as fast as possible for no other reason than using oild equipment that would otherwise be thrown away. i have 3 sets of filters I use, one set will likely retire this year, but there was a huge sale last season on amazon so I bought 2 sets.

Reactions: 1poolman1
I use, one set will likely retire this year, but there was a huge sale last season on amazon so I bought 2 sets.
Just an FYI, when properly cared for with balanced water, you can get 10 years out of carts. The bands are the typical fail point and after that the pleats collapse/rip and it's time. If they look healthy they are probably doing fine. The pool store methods that gum them up with floccs and such, or the (wrong) ideology that the filters clear live algae make people replace them way too often.

We see a truck ton of newbs or casual members looking to replace or enhance their filters when 99+% of the time it's a chemistry problem. We were just looking out for you above with the way you phrased the question.

That said, get your build on for fun alone.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.