Mid Missouri
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
This is my second season with an 18X9X52 Intex with sand pump and swg. Owning and running a pool has been a delight (and really low maintenance) because of TFP. I use the Pro test kit, I've never had algae, and it just brings our family a lot of joy.I think we are ready to buy a heater to extend this experience (and make it a little less cold in the summer). I think I'm going to go with a 120 v heat pump, but want to run my thinking past y'all and ask for advice on what/when to purchase.

1. SOLAR is not an option. I can't do solar heat because my pool is in a wooded backyard that gets limited speckled sun. (This is why we need a heater during the summer. Other than July, pool temps are around 76 degrees.) Solar heat is not an option, although we do have the solar cover, which helps a little with that speckled sun.
2. Natural gas is probably not an option. I have a grill gas line in the backyard that I could use, but it is less than 50,000 btu (probably around 25,000 btu). Running a new gas line would require tearing out the ceiling in my finished basement.

3. I don't have enough room in my panel to add another 240v and the cost to add a new panel and run a line around my house is cost prohibitive.

I think that leaves me with a 120v heat pump? I'd like to spend less than $2000. .

Does anybody have any recommendations? Does anybody use (or familiar with) fibropool? or Ecotech? Does Doheny make a 120v heat pump?
FH135 35,000 BTU 120 Volt Swimming Pool Heat Pump

Will this type of heat pump work in mid-Missouri to heat during summer and extend the season? How long might I be able to extend the season? Is it better to buy in fall or spring?

Any advice is appreciated!

35000 BTU is not a lot. For your sized pool it will do something, but you might find your rate of heat gain barely keeps up with your heat loss. You'll need to be religious about using the solar cover when you are not in the pool.

Also ensure what amps your existing 110 volt outlet is. Either 15 (too little) or 20 (barely enough). Add up all devices to make sure you aren't over subscribed.

FYI: You can get thin, 1/2 thickness breakers for your box which will prevent you needing a new box.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.