Harrisburg,PA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
A number of years ago I had a Loop Loc cover installed. Polystyrene wall foam was used as a padding around the coping. I have been able to reuse that foam each year but it is starting to disintegrate and needs to be replaced.

I went back to the company that installed the cover and was able to buy a 120' roll, but the width is 42". The installers cut that in half to a 21" width to use it but I was not present to see how that was done. I know I can unroll it and use heavy duty scissors to cut but it would be easier to do while it is rolled up.

I am sure a cross cut saw is not going to produce a clean cut. Does anyone know what can be used to cut it while rolled up? I don't want to ruin it experimenting.

Tape it up tight on the cut line & both sides as well. Maybe try a fine toothed sawzall blade or even just a hacksaw or portaband if it will fit over the entire roll.
Perhaps you can experiment with your old foam first.

I've used my 8" chef's knife with good results. I haven't tried a roll before but it makes nice clean cuts, just go slow on the first few passes.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thanks for the tips. I used a very sharp, long knife and it was easy even though the roll had a large diameter. It was already tightly rolled but I did secure the ends as it only had a strip of plastic around the middle. It worked out much better than trying to cut with scissors after unrolling.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Sorry I'm late to the party, but for anyone else down the road, I'd use a sheetrock knife with a fresh blade and slice the roll several layers with each pass.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.