Pure_American_metal

In The Industry
Nov 10, 2022
California
I have a customer with a 1.6hp vsf flopro with the jep controller installed on it.
I want to use the dry contacts to control the 4 speeds that are built into the pump.
I short the com to one of the four other options to start the pump.
But when I do the dry contacts don't do anything, pump doesn't start or go.

I've made sure the rs485 jep controller isn't plugged into the rs485 spot on the pump.
This model have 5 dip switches, not quite sure of the positioning they are supposed to be in for dry contacts control of the pump.
I've even tried connecting a spare jandy IQpump I have. And the app keeps telling me there is a failure.

I'm trying to hook this pump up for wifi control somehow.

If anyone has any insight on the problem please help me out.

If anyone has any insight that would be awesome.

I have a customer with a 1.6hp vsf flopro with the jep controller installed on it.
I want to use the dry contacts to control the 4 speeds that are built into the pump.
I short the com to one of the four other options to start the pump.
But when I do the dry contacts don't do anything, pump doesn't start or go.

I've made sure the rs485 jep controller isn't plugged into the rs485 spot on the pump.
This model have 5 dip switches, not quite sure of the positioning they are supposed to be in for dry contacts control of the pump.
I've even tried connecting a spare jandy IQpump I have. And the app keeps telling me there is a failure.

I'm trying to hook this pump up for wifi control somehow.

If anyone has any insight on the problem please help me out.

If anyone has any insight that would be awesome.
Yes ive looked at the manual inside and out. I think I figured out the problem though. It requires it's own voltage source. I can't just short to the ground post. I gotta supply my own voltage.
I believe anyways. I'm heading there to try it out some time today

PAM,

First, I know nothing about your specific pump...

But logically the 4 pins and the "Com" would work like this... The 4 speed pins go to 4 inputs of an IC chip. Depending on the design, the chip is looking for a low on the com pin, or a high on the com pin.. In either case connecting the com pin to one of the speed pins should cause the pump to run at some fixed speed. If the pump does not run, I would think it would be a set up issue of some kind or....

If you connected the com pin to ground and not to one of the 4 speed pins, you may have blown it up... :(

But.. As you point out.. The manual sucks when showing any details on how it should work and what to expect voltage wise.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.