Volleyball Pool?

I recently purchased a home and it has a pool, naturally. I found out during escrow that it was not your "standard" pool with a shallow end and a deep end. The owner filled in the deep end so that now, it is shallow on both ends and 5.5' in the middle! The seller claimed her father did this so that they could play water volleyball in the pool. I was also talking to the previous pool man, and he claims that pools nowadays no longer have a deep end or diving boards due to liability issues. Is this true? I grew up with a "regular" pool that had a deep end and LOVED diving into it. I DID scrape my face a few times at the abrupt shallow end, I will admit that.

Should I be mad that this pool has no deep end? Or... is it a matter of preference and maybe a blessing in disguise because there is less water?

Sorry for the newbie question. I AM new at this.

The previous pool man is full of it. Of course people still have deep ends (us included). It is purely a personal choice. I'm like you - I also prefer a deep end.

Your pool's set up is also common these days, but it would never be my choice. One shallow end is enough for me.

we decided last minute to go with a sports pool, after talking to multiple pool owners that have had theirs for 5+years, they all said they wish they went with a sports pool, he said the first 2-3yrs having a deep end is nice cause kids are all over it, but he says once they get past that stage no one goes to the deep end no more, everyone is using the small space of the shallower end. they said if they had the sports pool that the "whole" pool would still get used instead of just one end of it.., so we chose a sports pool with a jumping platform that kids can jump off instead of diving board..

Well, I don't know about them, but we use our pool for swimming, and the deep end is in constant use.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.