VIVA LAS VEGAS! OB New Pool (Finally)

myvegaspool

Silver Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
las vegas, NV
Welcome to my pool build...So after much planning, setbacks, more setbacks, tears (and many beers!) we have started along
on our pool build. A shout out to all of the Awesome! people here that have helped me along the way:
QingGuy, Big Will, Daddymack, SPL, bdavis466, Imaz1218, Beachhead and everyone else couldn't have
done this without your help!!! Thanks!!!
So we started to think about doing a pool at the start of this year and after having a pool designed and bid out the total cost blew way
past what we wanted to spend and all of the subs here in Vegas laughed when I would call them to see if we could get our pool built
in the Spring (seems like EVERYONE built a pool this spring/summer) so we went back to the drawing board and designed a smaller
and more simple pool with less features etc. we then rebid everything and it got the budget to where we wanted it to be. I really
think it's helping us that we are building in the "off season" here. We started 3 week ago and we are done with the Shotcrete and
will be getting the tile and decking in the next couple of weeks!!! YAY!
I will try and post pictures (not in order and hopefully they work!)...

Not much happening while we wait for the Shotcrete to cure....

The forms for the concrete deck are in and we are waiting on the pour for that (hopefully this week!)

Exciting part is installation of our tile...IE BLING!!!
Spent some extra $$$ go get shiny glass tile for the waterline and the steps and benches...turned out awesome!!!

Congratulations on starting your build!! It looks great! Love the bling-bling tile!! So pretty!!
Can you fill out your signature, please? It will help everyone here to know what you have when it comes to answering questions.
Are you installing a SWG or using liquid chlorine?

Just now finding this build :( Oh well better late than never :hug:

I came in just in time to see that BLING! LOVE it! Wait until you see it with water in the pool and the sun shining!

I am going to share my set of links with you now so you will have them to start learning how to care for your awesome pool!

Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:

Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

PoolMath

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Make sure to ask any and all questions you might have no matter how small! We have all been where you are at one point.

You also need to see about getting a good test kit. Look in my siggy below for the link to the one I think is the best bang for the buck.

Don't forget to use your discount code from being a supporting member! THANKS!

Kim:kim:

Kim- I started to try and do this build in March (and posted about it here) and what happened was EVERYONE else in Las Vegas
decided to build this year so the subs just couldn't fit me in so we put off the build to now..Plus way better prices and so far
the Subs have been itching to get on site and work (and get $$$$$).

I know it's heresy on this board but I am probably going to use a pool service and just monitor what they are doing. (I am sooo lazy!)

use a pool service and just monitor what they are doing

I do the same thing. As we travel often (sometimes for months at a time) our pool service comes by weekly, cleans the pool and adds acid to keep the pH in check and lower the TA due to our fill water.

I provide them a schedule on changing the SWCG % when we are gone during the shoulder months. Sometimes have a little more chlorine than needed but not excessive.
Cannot get them to properly test for chlorine (even offered to provide them the FAS-DPD test) but it still works.

Take care.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I know it's heresy on this board but I am probably going to use a pool service and just monitor what they are doing. (I am sooo lazy!)

So long as you know what is going in your pool there is nothing wrong with paying for a service if your wallet can handle it.

What we teach here at TFP is how to care for your pool. You tell them what you want them to do and go from there.

Kim:kim:

A long long time ago in a galaxy far away we had a house with a pool and I had a pool service and also kept an eye on the chemicals etc. myself...
Definitely found that the pool service was "basic" and I had to dial in everything to just where we wanted it to be..
Will be doing this again with this pool. I will start reading up on the pool school threads here to get up to speed before we do plaster and fill the pool
so I am ready to go! Wish they had the internet the first time we had a pool!!! (feeling old!)

Learned a handy trick this morning...my concrete Sub is a ghost and impossible to get a hold of....
His guys show up this morning (unannounced) to work. I tell them to call the boss so I can talk and Voila!! he magically is on the phone!!
Hoping I can get my issues resolved....

Decking is now done! Concrete Sub fixed most of his boo boos and I can live with the rest...nothing is perfect..just want him out of my hair!

Now just have to wait for shotcrete to cure (2 more weeks) and get the wall and gate back up (might take awhile so far everyone is telling me 4-6 weeks!)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.