Vinyl step question

Apr 7, 2016
Derby, KS
I have an in-ground vinyl liner pool. This is my third year opening it. I typically lower the water level to a few inches below the skimmer box which also means my top step in the pool is dry all winter. I've noticed that the vinyl on that step is starting to shrink a bit. I assume this is normal for the plastic but is it something I should be concerned about? The liner is still in place in the coping but there isn't enough of it to sit flat on the step. I'm hoping that with the weight of the water when its back to normal levels and the heat will help it ease back into place. Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks!

I’m probably a couple weeks out from opening. I have it covered all winter until I open. I use a safety mesh cover though so some light does get to it. I’ve been slowly adding water to the pool in prep for opening though.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.