Vinyl over stairs & liner installation help

alhruby

Jun 13, 2023
Iowa
Hello,

We have a Radiant 16x28 semi inground pool. It's time to replace the liner, so we thought we would upgrade by adding the vinyl over stairs. Well, long story short the dealer that installed the pool 8yrs ago botched the project and we severed ties in court. There are no other dealers in our area that even acknowledge that Radiant has this option. Needless to say, I contacted Radiant corporate gave them my history and received the stairs and liner but no instructions. I have been ghosted now and have scoured the internet looking for manuals, videos, etc. We are fairly handy and have competent friends that are willing to help if we can find some sort of guidance.

If anyone has knowledge, manual, video, etc of how to install vinyl over stairs & liner for a Radiant pool please help!

Thank you!

Hello and welcome to TFP! Sorry to hear of your troubles with the installer in the past.

So did you get a whole new liner (sounds like it but wanted to make sure)? You also got stairs to attach to your pool walls correct? Did you get any hardware with them?

Shoot us a pic of what you are working with and lets see if anyone has any idea.I have a couple but want to see what is what in your yard.

Hi there!
Yes, we have the new liner, still in box. I’ve attached a photo of the pool and stairs. We have a Portland cement floor. The stairs will go on the deck side radius. No hardware nor foam was sent. Just stairs.IMG_1733.jpegIMG_1734.jpegIMG_1735.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Newdude
Can you see how the stairs attach to the side of the pool? Is there a flange or ???? I do see liner lock taped to the top of the steps.
The stairs are set and centered in the oval side of the pool. Once centered, they say to use great stuff, spray foam insulation to fill in the gap between the wall and the back of the stairs and then after it sets, use a razor knife to cut the excess out. No hardware to attach the stairs after you lay out the liner, and start slowly filling the pool apparently the stairs stay locked down under the liner, and will not move.

I think you're going to want something underneath of the steps to support them from flexing. I'm assuming they are fiberglass steps?

Is this what you have?

In the photo of the steps you posted it looks like there are instructions taped to the top of it. Could you post a photo of those on here?

Thank you kimkats & dleonard1122 for your responses. The underneath and sides of the stairs are foam. Yes, the video is exactly how we hope this project turns out. We are concerned with removing the floor and ensuring the steps are level and maintain the depth needed for the liner to go into the coping. So any tricks of the trade are greatly appreciated. I’ve attached a picture of the instructions that were sent. The instructions do not specify what type or thickness of wall foam to use on each tread. A bit concerned about that as well. I’ve attached pictures of the foam bottom and sides and the track on the treads. Thanks again for your help!

Attachments

• IMG_1736.jpeg
    IMG_1736.jpeg
    286.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1737.jpeg
    IMG_1737.jpeg
    442.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1738.jpeg
    IMG_1738.jpeg
    377.9 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1739.jpeg
    IMG_1739.jpeg
    467.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1740.jpeg
    IMG_1740.jpeg
    176.3 KB · Views: 14
Reactions: kimkats
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.