Vinyl Liner Replacement

Styxbb

May 5, 2014
Ohio
This will be my second time replacing my vinyl liner(2008). So....I think 16 years is great. Problem is, I can't remember where I got it. I know the place was somewhere near Detroit. Looking for suggestions as to brands to look at/avoid.
16 x 32 inground hopper.
Thanks in advance.

The where you got it is not too important. What is important is do you have the measurements. I am guessing you don't have the paper work. Some times they will print the measurements on the top edge of the liner. Do you remember anything like that?

No, I don't. But, I would describe myself as fairly handy though. In my first liner replacement, I did the measurements myself and made some measuring errors that were obvious from the start resulting in some big wrinkles in the liner. Having learned from that, I feel pretty confident in what I'm doing now....with the exception of one measurement. Looking at my pool from the deep end. The bottom of the hopper is 49 inches from the left wall at the deep end. It's 46 inches from the left wall towards the shallow end. So....the hopper is not square. It is a sand bottom, so is that something I would fix when replacing?

You can, but the inground liners are pretty much all custom-made, so just note the measurements on the order form and everything will be fine. Out-of-square hoppers are not unusual at all.