Vinyl Liner Pools - questions!

mmctracey

In The Industry
May 7, 2024
new orleans
Hello everyone - I am new here and have a few questions that I need help with! I am taking the qualifier exam for my pool license. We are a family business and install gunite pools, but the exam has several questions on Vinyl Liner pools. I can't seem to find some of these answers. I have researched and watched as many videos as I can...any help would be great!
1) If a VL pool is built against clay soil what does the coping rest on ? a) Clay b) Bond Beam
2) How is the track positioned on a Vinyl liner pool? a) on the edge b) 8" below c) 12" below
3) How to get rid of wrinkled after installation ? a) pull it b) add water and vacuum c) vacuum only
4)Vinyl Liner most wrinkles are a) 1/2 inch b) 1/4 c) 3/4
5) How much vinyl to leave when you cut in the main drain ? a) 1" outside b) 2" outside

Welcome to TFP.

I will take a cut at the answers...

1) If a VL pool is built against clay soil what does the coping rest on ? a) Clay b) Bond Beam VL pools do not have a Bond Beam. A bond beam is formed on a gunite/shotcrete pool.

2) How is the track positioned on a Vinyl liner pool? a) on the edge b) 8" below c) 12" below *' bleo and 12" below make no sense for where you would hang a liner.

3) How to get rid of wrinkled after installation ? a) pull it b) add water and vacuum c) vacuum only

4)Vinyl Liner most wrinkles are a) 1/2 inch b) 1/4 c) 3/4 Dunno on this one. This is a BS question. Why does it make a difference what the size most wrinkles are?

5) How much vinyl to leave when you cut in the main drain ? a) 1" outside b) 2" outside

Good luck on your test. What is the passing grade?