Vinyl liner bead with 90 degree corners

JohnnyG66

Jul 7, 2023
Ontario, Canada
Just installing our liner in our 36x18 rectangle with 90 degree corners and wondering about the bead in those corners. I can push it by hand to a fairly tight radius, but the bead is not locked in all around. Should I try to jam it further with a screwdriver, or cut the bead so its locked in on both sides and forms a perfect 90 degree?

Both my pools were 90 corners and they just did their best to get it in there all the way to the edge and liner locked it. Yes they used 2 different colors, and a 3rd on another corner. :roll: I had them come back and liner lock the whole perimeter.

Screenshot_20230922_111433_Gallery.jpg

If it's not too late, they make radius tracks for this purpose, but my first pool was going strong at 8.5 years when we moved and we have 2 good seasons on the new pool.

Yup, that looks familiar! This one is actually the worst - the others are tighter. I did buy a liner lock bead but still very tempted to put a slit in the bead so it sits flush on both sides. Trying to think of a downside to that, or for someone with experience to say "don't do it!" :)

6A4ADE8D-2DF8-402C-93E4-1D3B38D5EB08_1_105_c.jpeg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.