Gold Supporter
Dec 13, 2021
Port Orange, Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Anyone have any experience with this pump(all pumps) and 8 FIXED schedules?

The VGreen Evo™ motor is a cost-effective variable speed replacement pool pump motor designed to provide pool owners with maximum savings over traditional single speed motors. The variable speed design allows the motor to be programmed at the optimal settings for the pool allowing for energy savings. The VGreen Evo motor offers ease of installation with direct drop-in replacement for all applications and features an easy to program user interface to allow for a simplified user experience, making it the perfect choice for your next pool installation or motor replacement.

The VGreen Evo™ motor is equipped with two sets of energy efficient operating schedules: Schedule Set A and Schedule Set B. Schedule Set B is California Energy Commission 2021 Compliant. The 8 pre-programmed operating schedules for the Schedule Set A can be seen in the table below. To select this set of schedules the dip switch positions must be set to, #3 OFF, #4 OFF. SCHEDULE SET A SCHEDULE PRIME (WHEN MOTOR STARTS FROM A STOPPED POSITION) HOURS 0-2 HOURS 2-4 HOURS 4-6 Schedule 1 (Factory Default) 3 minute prime @ 3450 RPM 3450 RPM 2750 RPM

I think @1poolman1 has been installing the Vgreens.
Installed a lot of the earlier V-Greens. Especially the liked ECM16SQU. Only installed one of the new version so far. I like it because it can be used with a conventional time clock, like the ECM16SQU. Makes the transition a little easier for pool owners who are familiar with their system. Don't like that there is very little control over the speeds. Though I'm in California, I used Schedule 5 of the first chart and had the clock turn "off" after 16 hours. So far the people like what its doing to their pool, even with all the storms. Longevity is TBD.

Don't like that there is very little control over the speeds
Me to Poolman. Yes, 5 or 6 California schedule looks like it would work for me. I had a Vgreen270 and my boards got wet and then DOA.
IYO, does this user interface appear to be water tight. OR some what better that the 270 interface... I guess and just hoping that LESS IS MORE seeing how is seems to be one button pushing multiple times.

Me to Poolman. Yes, 5 or 6 California schedule looks like it would work for me. I had a Vgreen270 and my boards got wet and then DOA.
IYO, does this user interface appear to be water tight. OR some what better that the 270 interface... I guess and just hoping that LESS IS MORE seeing how is seems to be one button pushing multiple times.
Anything pool related that is to be outdoors is made to withstand the weather/elements to a certain degree. With only the "button" on that control box it may be less likely to have water intrusion. With all the very heavy rain we have had here I haven't heard from my customer about any problems with the motor. No one else that I know that has used the motor has reported any issues, either. Still too new to give any real information and its the only one I have used so far.

If you don't have one, it would be good to get a timeclock for that motor. That way you control when its internal programs begin unless you want 24/7 run times (which aren't always a bad thing depending on the speed and pool needs).

Reactions: jsygrls
I just Installed the Evo 165. Right after the install, we had a weird hailstorm followed immediately by a torrential downpour. For context, the ceiling of my commercial facility at work got so much hail and water in 30 minutes that it exceeded the roof drain capabilities, overflowed into the roof vents, and the interior ceiling collapsed. But, at home, my Evo 165 control box was bone dry.

Reactions: 1poolman1
There is no RS485 control on these motors. Despite the port, it looks like they never implemented the software to actually pass the control information along.

Supposedly there is an updated board coming out, but I haven't heard anything one way or another.

I've got some fairly high resolution images of the PCB and it looks like the VFD is inside the motor and the board on top is just a controller that talks serial of some sort (probably RS232, the silkscreen shows TX,RX,COM)

There is no RS485 control on these motors. Despite the port, it looks like they never implemented the software to actually pass the control information along.

Supposedly there is an updated board coming out, but I haven't heard anything one way or another.

I've got some fairly high resolution images of the PCB and it looks like the VFD is inside the motor and the board on top is just a controller that talks serial of some sort (probably RS232, the silkscreen shows TX,RX,COM)
I see updated literature on the v-green evo page mentioning century connect. Is this the updated board you mentioned? Any idea if those of us that already have this motor are SOL?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
From this article:

"Century is planning a timer board upgrade to allow more pool automation functionality. In addition, the upgraded board will be available for aftermarket upgrades of the original motors."

I see updated literature on the v-green evo page mentioning century connect. Is this the updated board you mentioned? Any idea if those of us that already have this motor are SOL?
Try as I might, I don't see mention of a "century connect", although I do see mention of an "upgraded board" compatible with some other systems. There is also no mention of anything that indicates it will be able to simply be programmed without needing to be integrated into another system.

Try as I might, I don't see mention of a "century connect", although I do see mention of an "upgraded board" compatible with some other systems. There is also no mention of anything that indicates it will be able to simply be programmed without needing to be integrated into another system.
I added some attachments to the other thread. Apologies for duplicating the discussion

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.