VGreen 165 Bearings

sduda210

May 19, 2020
Dorothy, NJ
I opened my pool today and my VGreen 165 is making a noise like a bearing is going bad. I tried searching what size bearings it takes but it doesn't seem like that info is posted anywhere. Inyo actually has a video stating only certified professionals should disassemble a VS pump. I am going to attempt replacing the bearings myself before dropping a few $100 on another motor. Does anyone know what size bearings the VGreen 165 takes?

I opened my pool today and my VGreen 165 is making a noise like a bearing is going bad. I tried searching what size bearings it takes but it doesn't seem like that info is posted anywhere. Inyo actually has a video stating only certified professionals should disassemble a VS pump. I am going to attempt replacing the bearings myself before dropping a few $100 on another motor. Does anyone know what size bearings the VGreen 165 takes?
The number should be on the "rubber" seal. I believe they are 6203 bearings, just a hair over 1.5" in diameter. Possibly 6204, just over 1 7/8." Only did bearings in one of those motors a long time ago. The motors themselves are very simple, its the permanent magnets that are the issue. Tools, small parts, even the rotor can be suddenly pulled to them and pinch your hands.
If you've never done bearings, use a piece of 3/4" schedule 40 PVC to drive the inner race of the new ones back onto the shaft. You can use iron pipe as well, but I prefer the plastic, strong enough to do the job but less likely to damage the bearing. NEVER use the outer diameter of the bearing race or the bearing will be permanently damaged before being used.

Thanks for the info. I'll definitely post what bearing size and any issues I come up with when I replace them.
Did you ever find the proper size bearings for your pump? We did a pool reno and had our pump off for a while, once everything was reconnected and running the pump is running much louder, I suspect a bearing is going bad. Seems like a coincidence, but not sure.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.