Veterns..please help this novice feel better....!

Glad it's working! Yes, it is lots of work. It is a good deterrent from letting it happen again. :-D

SWG should be off during SLAM.
Backwash your filter when the pressure rises 20-25% over clean pressure.
Don't know about the dolphin, but I don't see why not.

I am getting nervous.... very nervous.

I am testing every 4-5 hrs., my FC is 20-22 even overnight. My shock value is 35. My pool is the clearest that it ever has been.

I started Monday morning. How long does a typical SLAM take? My pool was not very green when I started.

Help me keep my cool...!!! And tell me it will change!!!

Nice, we like clear pools!

It only takes until ... :)
CC is 0.5 or lower
You pass an OCLT (ie*overnight FC loss test*shows a loss of 1.0 ppm or less)
And the water is clear - done!
When all three are true, you are done SLAMing and can allow the FC to drift down to normal levels.

It looks like you are almost there!

As another disgusted pool owner dealing with nasty grackles.....I can say that although it's very disgusting that they are pooping everywhere (even now that the babies are out of the nest they seem to have decided my pool is their bath) it doesn't seem to affect my daily FC usage. I drop about 1.5 -2 FC each day. About average for this time of year.

I finally took my net off the pool on Monday only to find that they are still pooping everywhere. They better go away soon!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.