Very Low Salt

bware

Platinum Supporter
Apr 7, 2015
The Woodlands, TX
While Harvey has created much pain and angst down here, we have been fortunate so far...have been successful in keeping pool drained enough so no big problems with overflowing. I have kept FC ok by adding bleach, but SWG is running very low and I have dumped all salt I have in during last few days. I have run the SWG at 50-60% most of summer but of course it is showing very low salt (2550) presently. Should I cut SWG off till I'm able to get back to a full pool and balanced water or let it run and keep dosing with bleach as need arises? Thanks much for your input.
B

I'd turn it off if you're using bleach right now. Saves some wear and tear on it.

I'd get a good salt test kit (Taylor K-1766, easily found at most pool stores) for a reliable test so you know for sure what you've got. I never trust a mechanical device to be as accurate as the drop test.

Knock wood that you remain as fortunate! What a mess, huh?

Maddie :flower:

I'd turn it off if you're using bleach right now. Saves some wear and tear on it.

I'd get a good salt test kit (Taylor K-1766, easily found at most pool stores) for a reliable test so you know for sure what you've got. I never trust a mechanical device to be as accurate as the drop test.

Knock wood that you remain as fortunate! What a mess, huh?

Maddie :flower:

That's kinda the way I was thinking...I have the K-1766 kit and I will check with it, although with as much water displacement that has occurred the past couple of days, I'm sure it is low.

Yes, this will definitely be one for the history books and it ain't over yet. Thanks for the reply.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.