Very green lagoon style pool - helping friend learn TFPC and getting control of pool

From what we can tell, there's nothing down there at the bottom of the pool. It's all just algae growth. We used a net, and brush, and came up with nothing. The pool was clear at the beginning of the summer towards the middle, and then they lost it. They don't want to close it like this, so we're fixing it now so we can close it in mid October once water temps drop to below 60, when algae has a harder time growing.

As of tonight, the spa was drained, scrubbed clean, the lines flushed with SLAM level chlorinated water, and refilled with clean water and chlorinated. We will now maintain the spa as clean. I added the stabilizer sock to the pool tonight, and will check again at 8am tomorrow. Hoping to see it lightening up. My buddy is swapping out the dirty cartridges every day, and it was VERY green today, so definitely getting it out...

With someone who knows what they're doing, like Steve does, this should make for a great Green to Clean thread!

Keep the pics coming steve!
:goodjob:

Thanks Dave. From you that's QUITE a compliment...I was there this morning, and CL was 13. Given I can't get back till tonight I added bleach to get it up to about 20, knowing it will drop back down before I can get back. This has been working well. I haven't testing it once and found it below 13. I didn't see much color change this morning, maybe a hint lighter, but I'm expecting to start seeing changes int he next 36-48 hrs...more tonight.

Steve! What a wonderful friend! Make sure to take pics of the steps. THAT is where you will see the changes. Your eyes will not see it on a day to day basis the pic will show it the best AND we love to watch! LOL

Do they have a light?

Kim

Thanks Kim. No light, in the gunite part of the pool at least. I asked because I was thinking if so, it may have to be pulled to clean behind it and make sure no algae is trapped there. The pool has a rope light, along the coping, that goes all around.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Just checked it. Pool was at FC of 12 and CC 0. Boosted it a bit to cover it overnight and allow for reduction while it does its job. I can only check twice a day so I have to get it over 12 by a good margin to make sure it doesn't go under while I'm away.

Not a huge change yet in color but I'm thinking any day.

So here it is. End of day 3.

3832706c95d3318c78f9ebefc460bd0b.jpg

If nobody is swimming and it's not a vinyl liner, you can certainly go over and above the SLAM level. The bleach will degrade faster the higher you get over the recommended level, so it's a bit of a waste of bleach, but, if it keeps dropping below 12 and you lose ground to the algae, your SLAM could last more days than was needed, and that is a waste of bleach too.

LOL I had to laugh about the stick, and the rock because it reminds me of when my kiddo was young, and was out fishing with her cane pole. She'd never sit still long enough to hang on to it, so I'd just put a big rock on the end of it to keep a fish from dragging it in.

Very green lagoon style pool - helping friend learn TFPC and getting control ...

Some great points. Yes it's not vinyl and they are not swimming. I have to bump it higher because of time I have in between visits so it doesn't go below 12.

They are buying the TF100 but at this point I'll cover them till the season is over. It's only a couple more weeks here. They will order over the winter.

Pump is in 24x7 yes. And they are doing all the scrubbing. [emoji106]

Lastly yes there is a difference. When I scroll trough the pics on my phone I can totally see it lightening. Can't wait to see the shallow end bottom.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.