Very Cloudy Pool

If it's 6% bleach, one big jug is worth about FC 6.5 in your pool, so you're raising FC to around 10+ and seeing it back at 4 two days later. If we call that a 40% chlorine loss per day, you're losing 4-ish the first day and 2-ish the second day. If you were there every day and replacing 2ppm per day, that would be kind of on the high end of normal, but still reasonably normal.

A cover would probably help a lot.
--paulr

Thanks Paul
So you are saying that the higher the FC content the faster/more it burns off, correct? So it sounds like about 1/3 of a big jug per day every day (after we move in) should probably take care of it unless there is a heavy load.

Yes, my understanding is that FC loss is, to a first approximation, proportional to the starting FC. I would guess that 1/3 jug daily would be about right. You will find out for sure when you start doing it.

Just for comparison, lately I've been using about the equivalent of 1/3 jug every other day, but I have a solar cover which reduces FC breakdown from sunlight.
--paulr

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.