Vermiculite - How long before I can begin installing the liner if I am doing a patch job on the pool bottom?

caliskier

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 24, 2014
Oklahoma City, OK
I am about to remove my liner and install a new one when it gets here. I have 5 bags of vermiculite. I am wondering how long i have to wait to install the liner if...

1. I am just doing a patch job... or
2. I I find I need to do the entire floor.

How long before I can install the liner, what is the drying time.

Thanks,

Caliskier,
you need to wait until the vermiculite is dry. During this time of year, you can likely install the liner the next day. (I did mine). Don't install the vermiculite if rain is expected that night or any day before you plan to install the liner.

Caliskier,
you need to wait until the vermiculite is dry. During this time of year, you can likely install the liner the next day. (I did mine). Don't install the vermiculite if rain is expected that night or any day before you plan to install the liner.
Thanks very much, so either option, I might finish at 8pm Friday night with the vermiculite and start installing the liner 12 hours later at 8:00am. Is that going to be an issue?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.