Little Rock, Arkansas
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
Will be installing a 8000 gallon pool soon. Was looking to upgrade the one speed pump with a variable pump.

Will add swg as well

Any recommendations from the group? I was planning on getting one from discount salt pool.

Thanks

The CircuPool SWCG is widely used by members on this site. The RJ Plus series is well documented and also the Core model has recently been redesigned. I see there is a sale that you can add a item to your cart and for $10 more you can upgrade to the next larger size SWCG. Having a SWCG at 2x is recommended but having 2.5x provides more flexibility if you can afford it.

You can look at Polytec Pools for a wide variety of pumps. Depending on your budget.

Reactions: Dadofthree74
I have a older Pentair OptiFlo 2 speed pump and it runs on low speed unless I vacuum and love my Hayward AQT and T5 cell.

Reactions: HermanTX
Does the pool pump have to be bolted down to something? I’m installing it on pavers. So not sure how to do that if needed.
The only thing I would add is to check local codes. I know in some parts of FL it is a requirement to bolt down equipment, due to hurricanes.

The only thing I would add is to check local codes. I know in some parts of FL it is a requirement to bolt down equipment, due to hurricanes.
Ok. I’ll check.

As I’m doing the plumbing. And thinking about unions Any reason to bring in the sand filter or can I leave it outside once drained

I brought in my smaller one but this is bigger.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ok. I’ll check.

As I’m doing the plumbing. And thinking about unions Any reason to bring in the sand filter or can I leave it outside once drained

I brought in my smaller one but this is bigger.
If it is drained and you have the lines empty, the sand filter should be fine. Just ensure no water trapped in the backwash valve.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.