Shtutty

May 25, 2022
NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hey guys. These are my two skimmer valves. I just wanna make sure that this “open/close” value is installed correctly because it seems like I cannot fully open both scammers at the same time. One has to be partially shut for the other to be wide open. Image below.

Attachments

• AD6F14E5-48DA-4951-A604-8F2744B1B916.jpeg
    AD6F14E5-48DA-4951-A604-8F2744B1B916.jpeg
    673.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 0AC7097C-52C9-4D7A-BE3E-9A5A4C1F4C29.jpeg
    0AC7097C-52C9-4D7A-BE3E-9A5A4C1F4C29.jpeg
    498.3 KB · Views: 16
Your handle is probably hitting the factory "stops" right? I don't recall if those stops are moveable on that valve. You should be able to remove the top handle completely and turn it 180 degrees so that the OFF tab of the handle faces out & away. Then you should be able to leave both skimmers wide open. Only down side is you can't turn it back to the OFF portion where it originally faced the PVC T pipe to isolate the pad. You would have to remove the handle again and put it back where it was or remove, cut, or grind those handle stops off. At least that's how my handle was. Let's see if any others can confirm.

Reactions: Shtutty
I don't recall if those stops are moveable on that valve. You should be able to remove the top handle completely and turn it 180 degrees so that the OFF tab of the handle faces out & away.
Yes. OP can pull the stop pins up and out allowing 360 of rotation.

He said 2 skimmers, not clear if there is a main drain or not? Like to know the complete config before making a recommendation on valve placement.

Reactions: Texas Splash
OK, would love your opinion on everything that I’ve got going on and keep in mind I just moved in about a year ago. So here is what I have going. I have so many check valves because my pump and filter is probably 6 feet above my pool as my yard is on a slope. so they installed those check valves. I have a spa main drain - which is TOTALLY not functional. I’m thinking that the pipe is actually cracked because anytime I try to open that valve. It sucks up air and then it just starts bringing in leaves and junk. I haven’t really looked into it because I might have to tear up the concrete and fix the actual pipe. I have not done a pressure test on it yet. The returns work in the spa perfectly fine.

Then I do have a main drain in the deep end, as well as to skimmers and two returns (one under each skimmer).

Currently I’m dealing with what seems to be a cracked main drain in the spa, and air bubbles in my returns (have to clear pool first before dealing with those issues)

But yes my question was just the positioning of that valve if I was supposed to be able to have both skimmer 100% open. Or if one is always 25% closed by default.

Attachments

• 30CB4180-E7DA-435D-84D0-7877DC4C2EF3.jpeg
    30CB4180-E7DA-435D-84D0-7877DC4C2EF3.jpeg
    749.3 KB · Views: 8
Hey guys. These are my two skimmer valves. I just wanna make sure that this “open/close” value is installed correctly because it seems like I cannot fully open both scammers at the same time. One has to be partially shut for the other to be wide open. Image below.
The "stop" pins in the handle can be re-positioned as you want. Probably the skimmer farthest from the equipment is more open to get a more balanced flow.

Reactions: PoolStored
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.