Sep 26, 2023
Indiana
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi

When I get to the shallow parts (2 diff depths tan ledges and one step) with the vac, I’m having a hard time keeping the vac head down . Could this be because my hose is stretched too far? Or more like suction/ water depth thing. Without me manually holding it down, with my hand in the water it won’t stay down at all.

In case it’s not obvious,I’m a newbie with the vac
Thanks

I find the angle of the pole makes a huge difference. It's definitely the physics of it all where when the pole is upright in the deep end, the weight of it pushes the head down, and when almost horizontal on the top steps, it's pulling the head up.

Stand closer to the shallow spots or clean nearby in the shallow end to keep the pole more vertical, instead of reaching with a small angled pole. You can also increase the RPMs if its still not staying down, but you'll have to lower them back after in deeper water or the vac will stick to the floor.

I brush my bench and top 2 steps first, then vac other areas to give it time to settle before coming back for those areas where I brushed them to.