Vacuum while shocking

I'm at 16 days shocking with sand filter. I can make out the screws on the bottom drain but the the water is not crystal clear. I'm also impatient to stop shocking and increasing CYA to 70ppm. this is my first algae bloom and hopefully my last. I'm also shocking the solar cover for a few days.

Can now start to see the bottom. Was wondering even if it is not all the way clear, would it still be safe to swim in? And, when I add stabilizer to get the cya up, do I get the skimmer sock and put the stabilizer in there and let it dissolve?

Slickster said:
Can now start to see the bottom. Was wondering even if it is not all the way clear, would it still be safe to swim in? And, when I add stabilizer to get the cya up, do I get the skimmer sock and put the stabilizer in there and let it dissolve?
When we say put CYA in a sock, we mean a sock. Go dig through the box of rags and find an orphan without any big holes. Or dig those crummy ones that won't stay up out of the dresser. Pour the stabilizer into the sock, tie it shut with some string or twine, and either toss it in the skimmer (if pump is on 24/7) or hang it over the edge in front of a return. Some people let it dangle from a pool noodle or one of the many empty bleach jugs they've accumulated and let it just bob around.

Pool is finally sparkling! Will post pics whenever I can take them with a good camera. Wish I had some before after but the before probably looks like all the others, was a green mess. 3 full weeks to the day it took. Glad you guys helped me, I'm sure I would have spent alot more time and money at the pool store.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.