VinylDelight

Aug 9, 2022
MS
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Pool vacuum newb here and I wanted to know if this is normal... since I'm not really sure on how all the connections interplay in a pool loop yet, but these 2 effects seems odd...

1) After I Vacuum-to-waste there is a big blast of filth/scum that shoots out of the jet... so should I do something before I turn the pool back to filter?

2) In an attempt to conserve water but continue cleaning I attempted to Vacuum-to-filter. However, as I am vacuuming I can see the jet shooting out plumes of filth but I was under the impression the filter would be getting all of this out. I checked the pressure on the filter and it was not high, nor was I vacuuming to filter for more than a few minutes before noticing this. The pool is very dirty however.

Is this a sand filter? Are you turning off the pump before changing positions on the MPV?

It would also be advisable to post a full set of water test results. We'll do what we can to help.
It is sand I believe. Yes I turn off the pump, wait maybe 10 seconds, turn the knob and fire it up.
My water test is abysmal right now... I had a 2 week period of being away (no choice) that came days after a flash flood. My pool was a swamp. I just started SLAM after vacuuming for a few days. The only test I did was pH (got it to 7.3) and Chlorine I added after that just so I could stop the bleeding. I will get a CYA test as soon as I can. In the meantime my filter is running 24/7.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.